Monday, May 08, 2006

I Survived Kindergarten but my Shirts Didn't...

The sun is out. I'm simmering brown Basmati rice (courtesy of Trader Joe's -- the best food store on the planet, IMO) and defrosting Mahi. I'm actually cooking after several days of leftovers, doing revisions, meetings, long nights. It's so good to smell real food cooking. Ahhh.

See last week I again encountered the 6 year old aliens that populate the school. I had four days' worth of encounters with the little buggers. I'm glad for the work, but when I went to do laundry on the one day off -- the aliens got their revenge. In the form of a purple crayon. Which I pulled from the dryer with my clothes. Which melted all over my fave t-shirts.

At least it wasn't the pants, I told myself... as I drove to the nearest Old Navy. Any excuse for t-shirt shopping!

Anyway, I have several writing-only days this week and I'm anxious to get back to revisions. I love it when new ideas starting popping up for old projects. There's something to be said about letting things marinate.

And... I'm back to food. Gotta go finish dinner. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home