Thursday, April 27, 2006

Progress...

Well, had a lovely writing morning yesterday.

Actually did a few copy-edits on my last YA -- edits *ahem* I wish I'd caught before the MS went out in the mail... Ones I'd caught on a susequent rereading.

I'm a huge offender when it comes to typing the wrong word. (Example: Without his medicine, he'll be sick in twenty-four house.) Okay, duh! Mental forehead slap.

I have excellent critique partners who give me notes on corrections, which I do... But then, while correcting, I feel the need to tinker with what's on the page. (Is that revisionistis?) Anyway, voila. New ones.

I totally have to work on this in the future. Dial down enthusiasm, vim & vigor. Chain self to chair for one last reading. :)

In brighter news, I wrote four more pages on my new WIP -- the paranormal sequel. I hope to have a proposal done on this one by the end of May. (If I can keep myself from pushing ahead and finishing the whole damn book.) There's another project I'm itching to write, but I'm keeping it on the down-low for a while. It's so cooool it's kewl. Okay, should delete that, but I won't. I'm in the mood for confessions, obviously.

One last thing -- my little sister emailed me from Venice this morning. Apparently, she and her young Ben Kingsley-esque boyfriend had been to Rome yesterday and were blessed by the Pope. Niiiiiiiiice. You can get more blessing-y than that. Apparently the gondoliers are on strike in Venice... Does that mean you row your own? Haha.

Okay, off now. Leaving you shaking your head, I know. Stop reading blogs and go write, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home