Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sequels...

While I'm waiting to hear on submissions, my goal for the month is to write the first chapter and synopsis of the sequel to my latest teen paranormal.

I sat down the other day, after weeks of letting things bubble and squeak in my brain and jotting down notes in my journal, and surprise -- three and a half pages of a decent opening scene emerged! Love that.

In honor of sequel crafting, I give you a link to Diana Peterfreund's excellent sequel post on RTB http://www.romancingtheblog.com/blog/?p=554

Wisely, she noted the pros and cons of various sequels before charging on into her own sequel. Smart, that one.

Since I've just finished reading the excellent sequel of Uglies by Scott Westerfield -- Pretties -- I'm excited to get into my own sequel work. Did I mention this story starts off in a Girl's reformatory in the Swiss Alps? What's up with me and the Swiss?

Hm.... perhaps I'll reveal that in another blog entry....

5 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

Awww, Heather... thanks for hte plug!

Who is your new CP?

Good luck with your sequel! I'm writing mine, too, and may be looking to find people who haven't read hte first one yet to read the second and tell me if it stands on its own...

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

My CP for YA is Dona S.! You know her from the Chick Lit loop. She was very encouraging -- and her stuff is *so* good!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good girl! Started on the sequel already! I got some feedback back from Sha-Shana and I need to make a few tweaks...and THEN maybe I'll start my sequel ... or maybe I'll take off a week and enjoy this sunshine =)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Marley Gibson said...

HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Double GH finalist?!?!?!?!?! HUGE CONGRATS, hon!!! Sooooooooo happy for you!!!!!

Marley = )

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

OMG, Marley! I am freaking out. Congrats on your sale to Puffin! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I was feeling *sniff* so lonely. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home