Saturday, January 21, 2006

Retro Friday

I had a serious Retro Friday -- I jump roped with kids all day at school. Yes, my legs are sore, how can you even ask?

Back in the day at my elem school, we actually had a jump rope team. We'd make up routines to popular songs (um... by like Kool and the Gang... yikes!) and perform them at assemblies. I think we even had little t-shirt and shorts uniforms.

I, of course, looked like a huge dork because back then, my grandma's hairdresser did my and my sisters' hair. The look was "flying saucer" hair -- curly on the edges, flat on top -- must have been a morphing of the whole Dorothy Hamil style. Again, yikes. Never been a big fan of anyone calling themselves a "hairdresser" since then. :)

Anyway, it was great to channel that kid talent I once had. I even did a double-under! I've still got it...

On the writing front, I'm doing amazing! Figured out I've done more than 150 good pages in the last month. I'm writing like crazy this week, and it seems to go so much faster as you near the end of a book. I love that part because it means that revisions are next, and that's where I can really shine.

Hope you're getting to all your goals this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home