Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Weekend Stuff

Can't believe it's Tuesday already. Where did time go? Golden Globes, MLK day, and football in Seattle. It was a busy weekend.

I did get major cleaning done (yay, me!) and managed to write. I'm nearly done with my WIP -- about 20k to go -- so I've been making excellent progress. Funny how when you're writing something you love, it just goes faster. Sorta like when you're driving home from somewhere you've never been it goes faster than consulting the map and driving in circles trying to find the house on the way there. I know where I'm going. I see the finish line just in front of me.

Of course, this means my heavy scenes are coming up. I've still got the major crisis to write, and the final conflict. Very intense and emotional, oh, and I've got that shapeshifting description to craft. Yikes!

I am looking forward to it. I'm also tracking my goals with page and word counts in my little notebook every day. That's a great motivator, although I felt sheepish writing in, "Day off for cleaning and Golden Globes." I didn't do any pages that day -- didn't even think about my WIP except for feeling guilty for not working on it. But you've gotta live, you've gotta clean, and you've gotta watch the Globes.

How amazing did George Clooney look? Way amazing. And Charlize Theron's dress? Gorgeous. I love the movies, and I love movie award shows. I draw the line at Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet though. Ugh. It's bad enough I have to see him on American Idol. Oh, well, you can't have it all.

Happy Writing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home