Wednesday, November 02, 2005

It's All About the Words

Well, I hit a milestone today -- 48k on my WIP! For someone writing stories of 60-65k this is like the beginning of the end. I'm literally at my heroine's "black moment" in my story. Woo hoo!

Of course, this black moment isn't quite what I had imagined. Then again, when I began the draft, I planned the final conflict more than I thought about the black moment because, in my experience, the black moment (bearing in mind the GMC of your character) can grow organically from the story that comes before.

And this black moment did not disappoint. It'll all end well, but how my heroine is going to get out of the ugly, ugly situation she's found herself in is... (to quote Shakespeare in Love) a mystery.

Good thing I love a good puzzle. After all, I'm writing to surprise myself. If I can do that, then I know I'm into something good, something compelling.

I can't wait to get to the keyboard in the morning. Don'tcha love that feeling??!!

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Congrats on getting to the black moment. I bet you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home