Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween in the Country

Well, after a three year holiday drought, we actually got TWO trick-or-treaters last night! Yay! One little witch and a hunter. (Only in a rural town do you find parents encouraging little kids to don camo clothes and safety orange vests...)

Boone's costume was a bust. I dressed him as a kind of ghost. Okay, yeah, he was wearing a lame t-shirt. A lame t-shirt I forgot to remove when I let him out to go potty. Yep, draw your own conclusions on that one. I'm a genius, I know.

Cruising right along on the writing though. Am past the 45,000 word marker! Woo hoo! Just about 15,000 or so to go, and lots of little threads are poking up through the story material begging to be tied off. Love this part of writing a manuscript. The Wheeee sound you hear is me sliding downhill toward the finish line!

I have been using the "fun proposal" I've been wanting to write as a reward to get myself to finish the draft of the WIP. I can't believe how easy it is to write when you're hot to start another idea. Then, soon, you forget all about the reward and get back into the draft. At least that seems to be working for me.

Have you ever found any motivating tricks that work for you?

Okay, so back to the WIP I go. Good luck on your writing goals this week, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home