Friday, May 26, 2006

Ready for Take-Off!

I had word from GA (Great Agent) that he liked the revisions I made last week to my YA paranormal and.... drumroll please... it is ready to go out!

Woo-hoo! I'm nervous and excited about what we'll hear back. But in a good way. :)

Also, my buddy Pat sent me a beautiful bracelet to inspire me on the WIP still in my head. It's not the sequel -- had to set that aside to handle revisions, etc. -- but something else that's been brewing for a few months. Don't you love how that happens? That some magical mix of thoughts and images can simmer away in your cranium, and then somehow, one day, you know the story is ready to write. That's how this one feels.

In the meantime, things seem topsy-turvy in my world this week. I can't wait to settle back in to working on my other revisions (Man, it seems like I do a lot of those) on the earlier YA.

No matter what is happening in my life, there are always the words to be written. Stories to be told. Even to the point that I feel like I'm experiencing things from outside my body, looking down on me as a heroine in predicaments that will be solved. Life is a goldmine of emotions to be experienced and noted, I guess. I just wish that I could write the outcomes, you know?

Okay, that last bit sounds a bit mental, I'll admit. :) We're only in control of our own actions, words, thoughts. Too bad we don't get to write the script for the other players. But I guess that's the human condition.

*Lightbulb!* That's why I love writing!!! I do get to write the script and outcome. It is control in a way.

Okay, after those exhausting mental leaps, I am off to eat a snack and collapse. I forgot to mention I walked two miles in the school Walk-a-Thon today (One lap I actually ran!) with the fifth-graders today. It was great. And it kept my mind off the waiting business....

Which, *Duh!* is only just beginning....

5 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! It's Shana from the teenlit loop, the one who is also signed on with Great Agent. ;) I just wanted to say good luck with your manuscript when it starts making its way around to editors. Great Agent emailed me today to say my revisions looked good and so mine is ready to go out too. Yikes! So scary, but so exciting! :D

Good luck!!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger stephhale said...

Hi Heather~
My agent just started submitting for me this week too. I guess we are all in the same 'waiting & trying not to go crazy' boat. I wish you a quick sale! :)

steph

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Congrats on sending that YA out into the world. :) Good luck!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

Trish, Shana, Steph!

Congrats to all of us for getting our stuff out there! Here's wishing everyone great luck.

Hugs!

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm counting the minutes till the sale news comes out... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home