Thursday, May 18, 2006

Post-It

Just a quick post today...

I finished the "big" revision last night on my teen paranormal. It's funny that I started with that part of the revisons -- the part that needed one little scene inserted. It was a concrete fix, something I could work in with a little tweaking. And it made me all emotional! That love stuff always does. :)

The smaller revision I tackled this morning was more of a subtle attitude thing -- making sure my MC isn't harshing on her fellow campers too much. As GA (Great Agent) pointed out, not every one of my teen girl readers is "going to be fabulous and from Beverly Hills." See why I like this guy? Very astute. I'll go back through that beginning again later, making sure the changes I made are enough.

Oh -- for inspiration this week, I am listening to a Natalie Goldberg workshop on tape, which I picked up at a junk store for next to nothing. Can't believe what a treasure it is. And, since I'm supposed to have my CD player installed in my new ride soon, it may be the last chance to listen to a tape player in a car... haha. Love listening to books on tape/CD while I do long drives. It makes the time pass so quickly and you really can absorb the information.

Have you listened to a book or workshop on tape recently?

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you book and I know GA will make it even more perfect than it already is :)

BTW, I too, am reading Twilight and oh my freakin god, I am in love with a teenage vampire. I couldn't put it down and go to sleep last night! So today, I suffer (at least with a venti mocha in hand :) )

The last time a book kept me up all night was, um, your book!

;)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

Dona, will you marry me?

Haha. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home