Monday, July 17, 2006

So Many Events, So Little...

I had a fabulous time at Jane Porter's book signing last Wednesday. She did all the right things:

Adorable author -- Check
Cute scene read alout -- Check
Free Mai Tais at after-party -- Check

I can't wait to start Jane's FLIRTING WITH FORTY -- ironically about a divorced woman who finds love again. I love it. And anyone who holds a luau in Bellevue, Washington is tops on my list.

So what else is up?

Got a fab haircut in preparation for my trip to the Romance Writers of America conference. Bought a pair of tiny-sized jeans. (Yep. They're tiny.)

Put on my high heels and wobbled down to see my G.A., who was everything I'd expected and more. Didn't fall on my butt, but I did order a cappuccino waaay past noon. Tragic mistake of a country girl, I guess. :)

Met my Grandma's fiancee. Yep, my Gram is getting hitched next month. Patted my sister-in-law's baby-belly -- the baby is due while I'm out of town, of course.

Ate lots of fresh cherries and raspberries. Looked at a beautiful lake. On my way to work I had to stop for a herd of elk crossing the road.

Life is sweet and bitter at the same time. I guess it's all in what you focus on.

Hugs.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said...

I'm about to start Flirting With Forty myself and I can't wait. I loved Frog Prince and I think Jane's a cool chick.

See you at the bar in Atlanta!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

She is the best, Kristen. So sweet and yet so tough. Totally my hero.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home