Monday, June 19, 2006

My Dad the Poet

I didn't get to spend Father's Day with my dad, but I did speak to him on the phone. It's amazing that the sound of his voice and his kind words can feel like a hug. God bless Alexander Graham Bell (and whoever invented cell phones).

The big news from the Midwest, where my dad has put down roots, is that one of his Haikus has been accepted into the National Haiku Society's Annual Anthology. It's a lovely poem about the lavender growing in his garden. (And, my fave of the ones he showed to me prior to submitting.) I can't wait to get a copy of the book.

Yep, I'm proud of my dad. He's such an inspiration to me. He's taught me all I know about how to love someone. He taught me to read and to love words. What else is there?

Go hug your dad. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home