Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm Like a Bird

One last post before I fly out the door to begin my RWA adventure.

It's screaming hot again in the Northwest and I broiled in the sun all day at my lake job. Exciting moment of the day?? Evicting a baby bat from the store. What is it with me and wildlife relocation?

Anyway, as I pack, I'm shaking off my country girl personna and cultivating my inner diva. Seven pairs of pants? More, I say! Four pairs of heels? What's one more snuck into the suitcase? Make-up? Bring it all.

The RWA conference is the great unknown, after all. You don't know what will happen -- only that on Saturday night, the Golden Heart Winners will be crowned and the suspense that's dogged me since April will be let loose. It's weird to be going there a double finalist -- maybe it's more pressure... But, on the other hand, it's a really nice "right on" from the universe, telling me I'm making headway in a tough profession.

I'll be sure to post all the gory (or glorious) details when I return. Until then, write damn it!

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home