Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Goodbye, My Friend

This weekend, I said goodbye to an old friend... my writing desk. As you can see in this picture, it's huge. (Read: heavy!) To get it into my office, my mom and I had to break it into two pieces using only a rock, shoe, and a screwdriver. Yes, I eventually bought an electric screwdriver and a hammer. :)

Here's my cozy little office, crammed with books, pictures, and writing memerobilia. It helps to be surrounded with things you love when you're going to Storyland.

I wrote so many good stories at that desk. It was sad to see it go, but latest fit of down-sizing I decided that it needed a new home. Luckily, my new friend Linda, who is just starting out in writing, loved it and wanted it! Yay, desk! So, she and her hubby came and got it on Sunday. Hopefully, it will give her many hours of comfort as she writes her novels.

As for me, I was given a new, lighter, fold-out style of writing table a la Ikea. I like it because I can carry it myself, it's easy to set up, and it's sort of sleek modern. The old desk was mission style and sort of went with my furniture better, but portability is a major improvement.

I can't wait to get everything all set up and start working at the new desk. It's going to be a fresh start.

What does your writing room look like?

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

My writing space is actually this awesome coffee place in Kirkland called Kahili Coffee. They have tons of couches and a big fireplace. It's my favorite place to curl up with a hazelnut white mocha and churn out the chapters. I just cannot write at home. Between the cat, all the looming housework and the distractions of TV, husband, etc...I get nothing done.

I'm impressed that you can work at home!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

Your coffee place sounds good, Dona. I'm gonna find me one of those. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home