Friday, August 25, 2006

Granny Bride Again!

So, if you thought because of recent events I'd given up on love -- totally *not* true, by the way -- check this out...

My Grandma Molly, at age 83, is getting hitched tomorrow!

I know, right?

It's been a few years since my grandpa passed, and she finally met a really sweet, funny man at church who is also in his eighties. The man, that is, not the church. :)

The two of them will begin their wedded bliss tomorrow. As is the tradition, Grandma assigned us relatives jobs. I have to serve punch, which, if you know how graceful I am, will probably end up on my outfit.

Needless to say, I'm a torn about what to wear. Something cute... something fruit punch resistant... okay, honestly something I don't care about getting ruined. It may be a difficult morning rummaging in my closet.

But, by the end of the day I'll be raising a glass of punch (or wearing it) in honor of the happy graying couple. They give us all hope and belief in second chances. They give us corny jokes. They make each other incredibly happy. Here's to Molly and Don.

And long live love.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

Long live love!

I'm soo happy for your Granny. And I don't care what you say, I'm already *looking* to the future for you!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

That is the sweetest story. I wish all the best to your granny and her new love.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

That's so great, Heather! It gives me hope for my own future, too! Hopefully I won't have to wait another forty years. LOL!

Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home