Saturday, January 20, 2007

Books, Boys, Buzz...



Just wanted to send out a reminder that I contribute every Saturday to Books, Boys, Buzz... http://yawriters.blogspot.com


Representing seven different publishing houses, the Buzz Girls all have books coming out in 2007 or 2008. Our seventh and final publishing deal was inked last week by Dona Sarkar-Mishra, my YA critique partner, and most recently, my Golden Heart Awards date.

Dona was the one who grabbed my hands and shouted, "Dude! It's you. It's you!" when I was sitting there in shock after hearing my name called as the Golden Heart Winner for the YA category. If Dona hadn't been there, I don't know what I would have done.

Actually, I do. I'd still be sitting there in Atlanta shocked at my win.

God bless Dona for her speech writing and for her critique work on my novel Never Cry Werewolf.

Most of all, congrats to her on her sale to Harlequin Kimani-Tru! She is a fabulous writer, a gorgeous woman, and an amazing friend. Her blog is located at http://donasarkar.blogspot.com but her regular day is Sunday on the Buzz Blog.

Love you, Dona!

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

You are so sweet I could die :) Love you so much babe and you deserve every happiness in the world. Can't wait till we're both in pink ribbons in Dallas this year!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

TAG! I just posted a list of Top Ten Things You Probably Don't Know About me...your turn!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

I didn't know that Dona sold! That's awesome :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home