Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Rose for Heather

Here I am with my beautiful friend and mentor Pat White http://patwhitebooks.com She and I received our chapter "sale" roses at the Seattle RWA holiday party last week. If you notice, I have one rose for NEVER CRY WEREWOLF. Pat has a handful for her recent sales to Harlequin Intrigue. I am so proud of her!

I also can't say enough about the wonderful writers in my Seattle chapter. http://gsrwa.org It's been an up and down year in my life, but my writing friends were there for every part of it. Without them, it would have taken far longer to reach my goal of publication, and it wouldn't have been as fun! Kudos to all of you out there in the Emerald City dreaming up your stories and making magic happen with your dedication and enthusiasm.

I am proof that if you work hard enough, keep reaching toward your goal, and never give up in the face of rejection, you can make it happen. This isn't to say I've acheived every goal on my list, but I know someday my former students will be able to check out my book from the library and say, "Hey, I knew her! Look at what she did. Maybe I can go for my dream too."

Never give up your dreams -- make them into goals.

Love and Light,

Heather

6 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

That's awesome, Heather! You and Pat look great. And you totally deserve the GOOD things that have happened this year. I hope next year brings many, many more good things!

Shannon

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

Thanks, Shannon!

You are so sweet. We all have to get together soon. :)

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger George O. Allen said...

We are so happy for you and proud of your accomplishment. The grils can't wait to read your work. Our thought are with you at Christmas.

George & Nancy A

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

Love Pat! She's a doll.

Need an opinion from you on my blog...

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

George and Nancy!!! Wow! That is so cool you guys posted to my blog. Sending you lots of love!

xxo

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger George O. Allen said...

Hi, Went looking for your name in Google and found the blog. One way to keep in touch. Happy New Year. We know this will be a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home