Friday, August 19, 2005

Working Mother?

I knew puppies were a lot of work, I just never imagined one would impact my writing time so much. Between feedings, walkings, play time, and naps, my 17 pound baby Boone is giving me a clear picture of what it might be like to be a working mother -- only with chewies instead of Cheerios.

Yesterday was a miracle. I actually got nine pages written -- a new opening for my YA -- which was good page production. Made myself a sign that says, "What's at Stake?" the thought for the week.

Meanwhile, Boone managed to dump his shepherd sister's water bowl over and carry it over to her bed (nice surprise come her nap time), wrestled with the garden hose, lost his favorite purple football which made for a tantrum, and chewed another hole in the cheap kitchen flooring. A big day for him.

My DH was home to help take care of Boone yesterday, so today should be interesting as the pup and I try to coexist. If he'll let me write, maybe I'll throw in an extra chewie or two.

5 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Oh, he's so cute! I do love the puppies. And welcome to the world 'o' blogging.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Oh Heather, he's ADOOOOOORABLE!!! Puppy face!

Welcome to the blog world. I'll be sure to add a link to you on my Vanessa Virtue site.

Marley = )

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Marley Gibson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Young Adult Authors said...

Wow! My first comments! Thanks Trish and Marley. Boone will be so impressed.

*wags tail*

Heather

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Pat White said...

What a cute puppy!! Can't wait to hear about his first adventures in the swimming pool. You've got to post pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home