Saturday, August 13, 2005

Starts & Fits

My first official blog isn't about writing -- well, not that much anyway. See, we brought home our new chocolate lab pup yesterday and he has taken over.

Boone is his around-the-house name, but my DH is determined that Boone should have a showdog name harkening back to his hunting champion forefathers. Whatever, honey. I'll be calling him Boone.

Speaking of getting started, I'm in the beginning of my new YA novel. (I told you I'd work the writing in!) I so love that can't-sleep feeling I get when I first start a story. Plotting on the pillow is, unfortunately for my DH, one of my brain's favorite activities.

But back to my new love.

Boone had his first night sleeping away from his mom and siblings, and for him, the challenge seemed to be staying cool. His little puppy pants kept waking me up -- those and the growls from our adult dog Katie. She's not quite sure Boone is a good thing.

But I think he is. He's a good reminder that you have to fall alot before you run. And that sometimes, only the table leg will do when you're teething.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home